Friday, April 30, 2010

drum rudiments

I recently had to coach a drummer who was learning some rudiments like the rough half-drag and nine-stroke roll. Rudiments are really cool -- in fact I think anything is really cool that bumps up one's technique. But here's a site that not only does the rudiments on the snare but also in the context of a beat and a fill...nice applications!

rudiments from freedumlessons.com

On this page you can access all of the 40 rudiments offered, plus (scrolling down) there is a good description of each. Many, many thanks to Lionel Duperron for playing!

1 comment:

  1. Drum rudiments has been the foundation of my learning experience due to it helping me improve my technique, speed, and hand control. Even though there are times that I won't be able to get a hold of my drum kit or my practice pad at home, due to me being out of the city, I always carry my drum sticks and a brass rod to improve my technique on the go.

    ReplyDelete